Discover new opportunities for your future.
To be considered for admission, you must have an undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or better and submit an application:
To apply online for Purdue programs please go to:
and submit a $75USD non-refundable fee.
For IU programs, please contact the department to receive a paper application and submit a $55USD non-refundable fee.
You must also submit the following documents:
- A copy of the first page of your passport with the passport expiration date
- A copy of any previously issued U.S. visas, I-94 forms, and I-20 or DS-2019 forms (if applicable)
- Proof of English proficiency. Official English proficiency examination results must be forwarded directly to IPFW by the testing agency. The most common way of demonstrating proficiency in English is by taking one of the following tests:
Students who have completed studies outside of the United States are required to submit a credential evaluation report. Credential evaluations provide IPFW with an official report that lists courses that you have taken and the grades/marks that you received with the U.S. equivalent number of credits earned and grade average. NOTE: Academic documents that are sent directly to IPFW by the applicant will not be accepted to complete the application, nor can they be returned to the sender. IPFW works closely with Educational Credential Evaluators, and we recommend their service. Please visit ece.orgfor specific information about submission requirements, service timelines, fees, etc.
- TOEFL (IPFW School Code: 1336)
- Certificate of completion of ELS Language Center—Program Level 112
- IPFW applicants may obtain a transcript evaluation from any accredited credential evaluation service.
- International students must have an undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or better to be admitted.
- The cost of an ECE course by course evaluation is approximately $160.
- The cost of the evaluation report will be reimbursed to graduate students who are admitted and enroll into an IPFW graduate program.
- Certification of Financial Support [PDF] with supporting bank statements or proof of sponsorship. The estimated cost of attendance for 2013–2014 is $27,009 (see Tuition and Fees); the financial guarantee needs to equal or exceed $27,009.
- Dependent’s Information Form [PDF], if you will be bringing a spouse and/or dependent children with you to the U.S.
You may submit the application by emailing the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by postal mail to the following address:
Office of Graduate Studies
Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne
2101 East Coliseum Boulevard, Kettler Hall, Room 258
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46805
Please visit the Office of International Education for information regarding SEVIS fee payment, VISA applications, housing, and the New International Student Orientation program.
Proof of Financial Support
Per the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you must provide official documents to prove you have enough money to pay for your education and living expenses in order to issue an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility that will permit you to apply for an F-1 student visa.
We require a Certification of Financial Support [PDF] and a current bank statement (dated within the past six months) on bank letterhead with the name of the account holder and currency clearly indicated in English.
IPFW provides a limited number of Chancellor’s Merit Awards, which help lower the cost of attendance for international students—especially those with outstanding academic records and achievements. Please note that early applicants get priority consideration. Graduate student applicants should contact their academic department for more information.
F-1 Student Visas
To be eligible for a new F-1 visa, you must have been accepted to IPFW and issued an I-20 form. You will need the SEVIS ID number, the IPFW school code (CHI213F10460001), and your passport to succeed.
Documents required at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate at your home country to apply for the F-1 visa include:
- Valid passport (for at least six months into the future)
- Original letter of acceptance/admission from IPFW
- Valid SEVIS I-20 form issued by IPFW
- Original copies of all financial documents (such as bank statements)
- Proof of ties to your home country (job, ownership of a property, etc.)
- Copies of all transcripts
- Copies of your proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, SAT, ACT, etc.)
You must pay the $200 SEVIS fee to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) before entering the United States to begin your studies. You can use the SEVIS ID number and IPFW’s school code given above. If at all possible, we encourage you to pay the SEVIS fee online.
Please remember that you may enter the states within 30 days prior to the start date on your I-20 form.