College Goal Sunday is Feb. 22, 2015 at 2 p.m.
Located at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
2101 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne, IN 46805
In Building Neff Hall
*for a list of other locations, please click here
What is College Goal Sunday?
- It's an all day help session to give you one-on-one help with any financial aid question that you might have, no limits.
- Helps you learn and understand the FAFSA
- Lets you fill out the FAFSA on the spot with one-on-one help
- Helps you receive all that you're eligible for according to your situation
- Gives you information on what you're eligible for and all of the deadline that might be required.
- Gives you an opportunity to speak with real Financial Aid Administrators about any concerns you may have. No need for appointments, this is on the spot advising.
- The FAFSA form is required to be filled out for consideration of Federal and State grants and loan programs.
- Filling out the FAFSA can be confusing and this offers one-on-one guidance for free.
- Some schools require it for awarding institutional aid.
- Not everyone's situation is the same and the FAFSA allows for exceptions in some cases and this offers you a way of talking with a Financial Aid Administrator from many of the area colleges and universities.
What should you bring?
- Students and parents are encouraged to bring their 2014 IRS 1040 tax return, W2 Forms and other 2014 income benefits information.
- If the student is over the age of 24 then they would just need their 2014 IRS 1040 tax return, W2 Forms and other 2014 income benefits information.
- Get your FAFSA Checklist and be on top of the game.
Don't have your taxes done, yet?
- Not a problem just come with your W2 Forms and any other financial documents and we will help.
- Your taxes do not have to be filed to complete your FAFSA.
- You can supply an estimate of your tax information and then make corrections later.
What you could win?
- Help Completing and FAFSA saving time and confusion.
- You get the FAFSA Completed before the Indiana March 10th deadline.
- "Students who attend any of the College Goal Sunday sites and submit a completed evaluation form will automatically be entered in a drawing for an educational prize. Three educational prizes, worth $1,000 each, will be awarded statewide - one for northern Indiana, one for central Indiana and one for southern Indiana. The winners will be notified in March; prizes will be sent directly to the higher education institutions selected by the winning students."