Academic Ceremonies


Diplomas are prepared in the Office of the Registrar, Kettler 107, under the supervision of Laura Oberholtzer, 260-481-6122. Email Laura at from your myIPFW account to diploma-related inquiries.

How do I get my diploma?

  • December and summer graduates will be notified via their myIPFW email account when diplomas are available for pick up at the Enrollment Services Center Desk in the main lobby of Kettler Hall.
  • May graduates who participate in Commencement will receive their diploma immediately following Commencement at the Graduation Celebration in Expo II & III of the Coliseum.
  • Diplomas for May graduates who do not attend Commencement will be available at the Enrollment Services Center Desk in the main lobby of Kettler Hall, beginning the Monday after Commencement.
  • A photo ID will be required.

Can my diploma be mailed?

  • If you live outside Allen County, you may request to have your diploma mailed to you by completing the Mail Diploma Request form.
  • Diplomas are sent via UPS and require a signature upon delivery. Diplomas cannot be mailed to P.O. boxes.

Can someone else pick up my diploma?

  • To have your diploma released to another person, complete the Diploma Release Form and return the signed document to the Registrar's office. After the signed request is received, the authorized person may go to the Enrollment Services Center Desk to pick up the diploma.

How will my name appear on my diploma?

  • Your name (first, middle/maiden, and last) as provided upon admission to the university will appear on your diploma and in the Commencement program copy. You will receive an email at your myIPFW email account from the Office of the Registrar showing your name as it will appear.
  • To verify how your name will appear, email from your myIPFW account, including your student I.D. number and degree information.
  • You may also check your name and degree information at the Graduation Fair.
  • To make a permanent name change to your academic record, a name change form must be completed. Legal documentation, such as an original social security card, marriage certificate, or official court document, must be provided to support the name change.
  • All name changes for May graduates must be completed by March 16.

Call the Office of the Registrar, 260–481–6122, for questions concerning diplomas, or email




Student Graduation Success Stories
Start of Async HubSpot Analytics Code