For Immediate Release
June 07, 2013
Volunteers Needed for IPFW RiverFest 2013
- Volunteer for IPFW RiverFest 2013 presented by Steel Dynamics, Saturday, June 22
- Must be at least 16 years of age and pass a background check
- Go to ipfwriverfest.org to volunteer
- Volunteer orientation Friday, June 21, any time between noon and 6 p.m. in front of Rhinehart Music Center
FORT WAYNE, Ind.—What could be more fun than spending a day by the river, taking in the sun, the water, festival food, live music, and more? By being a volunteer at IPFW RiverFest 2013 presented by Steel Dynamics in conjunction with Fort Wayne Friends of the Rivers, you’ll have a day of teamwork, great memories, meaningful fun, and community impact!
If you’re over 16 and can pass a background check, you can be a part of RiverFest, Saturday, June 22, on the Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) campus.
Signing up to be a volunteer is simple: just go to the RiverFest website, ipfwriverfest.org, click on the volunteer tab, and then click on the link to sign up.
All volunteers will need to attend the Open House for Volunteer Training, Friday, June 21, any time from noon to 6 p.m. in front of the Rhinehart Music Center, where they will receive their t-shirts, volunteer packets, and be able to ask any questions they might have. The orientation will take about 15–20 minutes.
Here’s a list of the events at RiverFest:
- 8:30 a.m. Mud Run NEW sponsored by Max fitness
- 8:45 a.m. Kids Run NEW sponsored by Fort4Fitness
- 9 a.m. Walk/Run sponsored by Tower Bank
- 9 a.m. Canoe Races
- 9 a.m.–11 p.m. FoodFest sponsored by Indiana Michigan Power
- 9:30 a.m. Yoga and Zumba Fitness NEW
- 10 a.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Farm to Fork NEW
- 10 a.m.–8 p.m. ArtFest
- 10 a.m.–8 p.m. FamilyFest sponsored by Parkview Health (ages 5 and under)
- 10 a.m.–8 p.m. Fun in Motion NEW sponsored by Lutheran Health Network (ages 6 to 12)
- 10 a.m.–8 p.m. Pontoon Rides sponsored by 3Rivers Credit Union; Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboat Rides, sponsored by Fort Wayne Outfitters
- 10:30 am Cardboard Regatta NEW sponsored by Kelly Box & Packaging and ROCK104
- 2–11 p.m. MusicFest sponsored by Real America Development; production sponsored by Rider Promotions
- 8 p.m. Ski Show
- 9–10:30 p.m. Flotilla sponsored by Glenbrook Square
- 9:45 p.m. Fireworks
For more information on volunteer needs, contact Reuben Albaugh, RiverFest volunteer coordinator, at 260–481-0210 or email@example.com.