The Department of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
Dr. Hamilton Tescarollo Named Music Teacher of the Year - WBOI
Kevin Eubanks Reflects on Music - arts IN focus, WFWA
Kevin Eubanks Masterclass at IPFW - Journal Gazette
Kevin Eubanks Starts the Day at Conference for Youth - WANE-TV
Carmina Burana at IPFW - WBOI
Monster Piano Concert Strikes a Chord - WBOI
Announcing the 9th Annual IPFW Honor Jazz Weekend. This year's event will be December 10-12. Jumpstart your Jazz season and prepare for the IMEA All-State Jazz auditions by participating in this fun-filled weekend. Students compete from around Northeast Indiana and Southern Michigan and Western Ohio. Here is an opportunity to meet, create, learn, and perform with students from other high school jazz programs. Get to work with the IPFW Jazz Faculty in either a big band and/or combo environment, masterclasses, and sectionals. The weekend will give you access to the Rhinehart Music Center, beautiful IPFW campus culminating with a concert in the Rhinehart Recital Hall
Schedule Overview [PDF]
Thursday 12/10/15 = 5:00 - 9:00 pm
Friday 12/11/15 = 8:45 am - 9:00 pm (with lunch on campus, supper at home)
Saturday 12/12/15 = 7:45 am - 12:00 pm (rehearsal), Call at 1:00 in Rhinehart Recital Hall for 2:00 Concert (FREE to all) Event concludes by 3:30 pm
1. Download and complete the Application [PDF].
2. Download the Audition Instructions [PDF].
3. Download the audition material file for your specific instrument, and both MP3 files.
4. Record yourself playing these audition materials.
5. Send the APPLICATION and RECORDING to Dr. Farrell Vernon at IPFW by NOVEMBER 30, 2015 by 5:00 P.M. You can submit your audition electronically or via snail mail. DEADLINE for ALL audition packages is NOVEMBER 30, 2015 by 5:00 P.M.
Honor Jazz Weekend
Dr. Farrell Vernon
IPFW Department of Music
2101 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46805-1499
EMAIL: (Please use this email as the files tend to be too large for my IPFW account)
QUESTIONS: please email Dr. Vernon at: firstname.lastname@example.org