Advising & Student Resources
Students Joshua Bertsch and Grace Bender are featured in an interview on The Major Factor.
- Philosophy, Logic, Analytic Philosophy, Continental Philosophy
Dr. Bernd Buldt, Department Chair
- Certificate in Medical Ethics, Minor in Professional & Applied Ethics
Dr. Abraham Schwab
- Religious Studies
Dr. Erik Ohlander, Program Coordinator and Lead Advisor
To facilitate networking opportunities, we strongly encourage each major to also choose a second faculty advisor from within the department; preferably one whose research and interests match the interests and educational objectives of the student.
IPFW Course Information & Degree Requirements
- myIPFW Use the "MyBLUEprint" tool under the Enrollment tab to track your progress and requirements. Effective Fall 2012, new students can view their entire academic history online. Students enrolled under a previous Bulletin may have a separate Bingo Sheet to track requirements. If you have questions, check with your advisor.
- Bingo Sheet (pdf) Concise list of requirements for the Philosophy Bachelor of Arts.
- Undergraduate Program Requirements Bulletin description of requirements for Philosophy Bachelor of Arts.
- General Course Information description of Philosophy and Religious Studies courses in Bulletin.
- General Education Requirements explained in Section 2 of the Undergraduate Student Bulletin.
- COAS Distribution Requirements for the Bachelor's degree explained in the Colleges, Schools & Divisions section of the Undergraduate Student Bulletin.
- Online Schedule of Classes for current course offerings.
- Undergraduate Student Bulletin (current) Previous bulletins are also available via menu link.
To be considered for Graduation, you must submit an Application for Graduation. Information about the ceremony can be found on the Commencement webpage.
Tools for Success
- Writing is as much a hallmark of Philosophy and Religious Studies as rhetoric and discussions. It is also an integral part of good scholarship and professional success. At The Writing Center, consultants are available to help tweak papers or brainstorm ideas.
- The Center for Academic Support and Advancement (CASA) offers many services at no charge. Students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the opportunities for: tutoring and supplemental instruction; reading and study skills; testing and placement; workshops and assistance for English as a second language.
- Check out our Philosophy Scholarships: James S. Churchill Philosophy Essay Contest and the Jean and Bill Bruening Philosophy Scholarship
The American Philosophical Association (APA) offers valuable advice on their site for anyone interested in pursuing a degree in philosophy. Take a minute to read up on the various traditional fields of philosophy, modern needs for higher thinking, and much more.
Religious Studies Careers
A minor in religious studies serves as excellent preparation for graduate study in the field as well as furnishing skills and knowledge highly valued in career paths as varied as law, social work, the ministry, education, the nonprofit sector, and journalism to name but a few.
Campus Career Assistance
Contact IPFW Career Services for work-study, internships, job fairs, and positions through JobZone.
Further Information & Research
Top of Page