Department of Mathematical Sciences: News & Events
Upcoming and Recent Events
- Colloquium: D. Grundmeier, University of Michigan, Hilbert Functions and Positivity Conditions in Complex Analysis, Wednesday, April 16, 3:30 in KT 216.
- Student Success Mini-conference: Success in Learning Math Approach Wed./Thurs. April 16-17, 2014.
- ICTM Indiana State Math Contest: Saturday, April 26, 2014.
- Sigma Xi Annual Banquet: Monday, April 28, 2014. details TBA
- Annual Mathematical Sciences Alumni Event: Saturday, April 26, 2014. details TBA - Photos from the 2013 Event
- PI Math Club Event: Student talks, starting at noon, Wednesday, April 16, in KT 216.
- PI Math Club Event: An Analysis of Pass-the-Pigs, Prof. Michael Sonksen, University of New Mexico, and IPFW alumnus. April 10.
- This week Professor Dragnev is at UT-Brownsville. His conference talk on Thursday is On the separation of optimal spherical configurations
- Actuarial Club event: Rick Richmond, Lincoln Financial Group, March 17.
- MathCounts: Feb. 15, 2014. Photos from the 2014 Event
- Congratulations to Lowell Beineke, on the Certificate for Meritorious Service from the Mathematical Association of America! More details and photos.
- Presentations for students on Math Anxiety (Jan. 29) and Time Management (Jan. 30, 2014)
- PI Math Club Chili supper: Feb. 27, followed by IPFW Basketball vs. Western Illinois. Congratulations to math major A. Hyde on being named to the National Academic All-American first team.
- Spring 2014 Conference: The Indiana Section of the Mathematical Association of America had its Spring 2014 meeting at IPFW, Fri./Sat. April 4-5, 2014. There were invited and contributed talks, the annual Indiana College Mathematics Competition, and a celebration of the 50th anniversary of IPFW and the Department of Mathematical Sciences. Photos from the Event
- Professor Lipman discusses current events on the local TV news. December, 2013.
- Graduate Course News: Spring 2014
- IPFW Regional Science Olympiad: February 1, 2014.
- The IPFW Student Research Symposium was March 28, 2014. Photos from the 2014 Event
- Analysis Mini-Symposium November 8, 2013.
- Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer: Professor T. Goodson, University of Michigan, New Approaches to Energy Harvesting and Storage, October 18, 2013.
- Congratulations to G. Mourad and A. Mustafa on the 2013 Pippert Science Research Awards. Photo page
- Welcome Joe Francis, Actuary in Residence starting Fall 2013.
- Photos from 2013 Commencement
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, on being awarded a five-year Collaboration Grant for Mathematicians from the Simons Foundation! Professor Dragnev traveled to Bulgaria and Switzerland in 2013.
- Congratulations to student award and scholarship winners at the 2013 Honors Banquet. Photo page
- Celebrate Science Indiana - at IPFW, Sept. 7, 2013.
- PI Math Club Actuarial Q&A Session - with D. Tindall, actuary and IPFW alumnus. March 27, 2013. Photos and slides from the event
- Pi Mu Epsilon installation ceremony, April 28, 2013. The Transit of Venus and why it was one of the most important events in science history, presented by Prof. Coroian. Photos from the 2013 Event
- College of Arts and Sciences Anniversary Event: Nov. 27, 2012. Congratulations to Professor Beineke on the inaugural Beineke Award for Contributions to the Liberal Arts and Sciences! Photo page
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, one of this year's IPFW Featured Faculty. Photos from the Featured Faculty 2013 Events
- Science Cafe, sponsored by Sigma Xi: Prof. T. Soule, IPFW Biology, on Microbial Sunscreens: Opportunities and Obstacles. October 24, 2012.
- Congratulations to Professor David Legg, on retiring from the Department Chair position, effective July 1, 2012. Photos from Dinner.
- New graduate program: Master of Arts in Teaching
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2013-14
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2012-13
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2011-12
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2009-11
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 1998-2010