Department of Mathematical Sciences: News & Events
Upcoming and Recent Events
- Actuarial Science Club: Rick Richmond and Hannah Harber, presenting on the actuarial program at Lincoln Financial Group, Oct. 6.
- PI Math Club video: The Story of Mathematics, Part 1. Noon, Wednesday, Oct. 7 in KT 220.
- Colloquium: Ramón Orive, Universidad de La Laguna, Spain, A Variation on the Classical Stieltjes Electrostatic Model, noon, Wednesday, Oct. 7 in KT 216.
- Now Hiring: Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Statistics, starting Fall 2016.
- Welcome to David Benko, visiting researcher for Fall 2015, from University of South Alabama.
- Photos from 2015 Commencement
- Congratulations to the IPFW team of undergraduate math majors, Vreneli Brenneman, Altun Shukurlu, and Sofia Sorokina on placing 3rd out of 33 teams at the 2015 Indiana College Mathematics Competition! Photo page
- The 2015 Midwestern Workshop on Asymptotic Analysis is at IU Bloomington, Friday-Sunday, Oct. 9-11. Registration now open. Professors Coffman and Dragnev are co-organizers.
- Graduate Course News: Summer and Fall 2015
- In May 2015, Professor Pan signed a research collaboration agreement between IPFW and Jinling Institute of Technology. Photo page
- Professor Beineke is featured in a local news story, June 2015.
- Photo from the 2015 Honors Banquet, College of Arts and Sciences
- Annual Mathematical Sciences Alumni Event: April 18, 2015. Photos from the 2015 Event
- Congratulations to Professor Yuan Zhang, on the 2015 Pippert Science Research Award - New Photo Page, and on being awarded another research grant from the National Science Foundation!
- Pi Mu Epsilon installation ceremony, May 3, 2015, with Professor Jeff Anderson giving a short presentation. Photo Page
- PI Math Club Event: Math Matters student research presentations. April 22, 2015. Photo Page
- ICTM Indiana State Math Contest: April 25, 2015.
- Sigma Xi Annual Banquet: April 27, 2015. Photo Page
- Professor Dragnev gave a talk at the Workshop on Combinatorics and Applications at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in April 2015.
- The IPFW Student Research Symposium and Sigma Xi Student Research Competition: March 27, 2015.
- IPFW Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer: Eric Jolly, Science Museum of Minnesota, Why Science? March 27, 2015.
- Professor Coffman discusses current events with the local news for Super Pi Day, March 2015.
- MathCounts: Feb. 14, 2015. Photos from the 2015 Event
- Professor Emeritus Maynard Mansfield passed away in February 2015. Obituary
- PI Math Club Event: A Celebration of the Mathematical Mind, for the Martin Gardner Centennial. Nov. 14, 2014
- The Math Mall featured in a local newspaper article
- Graph Theory Week at IPFW, Oct. 1-4, 2014. Photo and Events Page
- Congratulations to Lowell Beineke, on the 2014 Certificate for Meritorious Service from the Mathematical Association of America! More details and photos.
- Spring 2014 Conference: The Indiana Section of the Mathematical Association of America had its Spring 2014 meeting at IPFW, Fri./Sat. April 4-5, 2014. There were invited and contributed talks, the annual Indiana College Mathematics Competition, and a celebration of the 50th anniversary of IPFW and the Department of Mathematical Sciences. Photos from the Event
- IPFW Regional Science Olympiad: February 1, 2014.
- Welcome Joe Francis, Actuary in Residence starting Fall 2013.
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, on being awarded a five-year Collaboration Grant for Mathematicians from the Simons Foundation! Professor Dragnev traveled to Bulgaria and Switzerland in 2013.
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, one of the 2013 IPFW Featured Faculty. Photos from the Featured Faculty 2013 Events
- Science Cafe, sponsored by Sigma Xi: Prof. T. Soule, IPFW Biology, on Microbial Sunscreens: Opportunities and Obstacles. October 24, 2012.
- New graduate program: Master of Arts in Teaching
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2014-15
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2013-14
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2012-13
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2011-12
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2009-11
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 1998-2010