Department of Mathematical Sciences: News & Events
Upcoming and Recent Events
- New for 2016: updated Mathematical Sciences scholarships information
- Graduate Course News: Summer and Fall 2016
- Colloquium: Ramon Orive, Universidad de La Laguna, On external fields created by point masses, May 26.
- The 2016 Midwestern Workshop on Asymptotic Analysis is being planned for Friday-Sunday, Oct. 7-9, here on the IPFW campus.
- ICTM Indiana State Math Contest: April 23, 2016. Photos from the 2016 event
- Pi Mu Epsilon installation ceremony, April 24, with Visiting Professor Jay Bagga giving a short presentation. Photo Page from the 2016 event
- Photos from 2016 Commencement
- Congratulations to Prof. Doug Townsend on many years of administrative service; his term as Department Associate Chair will end June 30, 2016, and he will be succeeded by Prof. Jim Hersberger. Photo page
- Congratulations to this year's math student award winners - Photo from the 2016 Honors Banquet
- Congratulations to Professor Jeff Anderson, on the 2016 Pippert Science Research Award!
- Congratulations to John LaMaster, on the 2016 Excellence in Online Teaching Award!
- IPFW Outstanding Research Award Lecture: Peter Dragnev, The Mathematics of the Soccer Ball: A Mathematician's Quest to Minimize Energy, March 18. Photos from the Event
- MathCounts: Feb. 13, 2016. Photos from the 2016 Event
- PI Math Club student talks event: April 20, and end-of-semester party, April 29, 2016.
- Annual Mathematical Sciences Alumni Event: Feb. 27, 2016. Photos from the 2016 Event
- Sigma Xi Annual Banquet: April 27, 2016. Congratulations to Yuan Zhang (Math) and John Licato (Computer Science) on the IPFW Sigma Xi Researcher of the Year Awards! Photos from the 2016 Event
- Professor Dragnev is featured in a COAS Faculty in Focus video interview
- Welcome to Jay Bagga, visiting researcher for Spring 2016, from Ball State University.
- The 2016 IPFW Student Research Symposium and Sigma Xi Student Research Competition: March 30, 2016.
- Colloquium: Spring 2016 Photo page.
- A Celebration of the Mathematical Mind event: Nov. 13, 2015. Photo page
- Actuarial Science Club: Linh Nguyen, former IPFW Actuarial Science club president and now full time actuary at Cigna, Nov. 9.
- Congratulations to Professor Sue Mau, on being awarded the 2015 COAS Enhancement of Learning Award. Prof. Mau and IPFW alumna Samantha McGlennen gave a presentation on their work Nov. 30. Photo page
- Welcome to David Benko, visiting researcher for 2015-16, from University of South Alabama.
- In May 2015, Professor Pan signed a research collaboration agreement between IPFW and Jinling Institute of Technology. Photo page
- Professor Dragnev gave a talk at the Workshop on Combinatorics and Applications at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in April 2015.
- IPFW Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer: Eric Jolly, Science Museum of Minnesota, Why Science? March 27, 2015.
- Professor Coffman discusses current events with the local news for Super Pi Day, March 2015.
- Professor Emeritus Maynard Mansfield passed away in February 2015. Obituary
- The Math MALL featured in a local newspaper article, Sept. 2014.
- Graph Theory Week at IPFW, Oct. 1-4, 2014. Photo and Events Page
- Congratulations to Lowell Beineke, on the 2014 Certificate for Meritorious Service from the Mathematical Association of America! More details and photos.
- Spring 2014 Conference: The Indiana Section of the Mathematical Association of America had its Spring 2014 meeting at IPFW, Fri./Sat. April 4-5, 2014. There were invited and contributed talks, the annual Indiana College Mathematics Competition, and a celebration of the 50th anniversary of IPFW and the Department of Mathematical Sciences. Photos from the Event
- IPFW Regional Science Olympiad: February 1, 2014.
- Welcome Joe Francis, Actuary in Residence starting Fall 2013.
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, on being awarded a five-year Collaboration Grant for Mathematicians from the Simons Foundation! Professor Dragnev traveled to Bulgaria and Switzerland in 2013.
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, one of the 2013 IPFW Featured Faculty. Photos from the Featured Faculty 2013 Events
- Science Cafe, sponsored by Sigma Xi: Prof. T. Soule, IPFW Biology, on Microbial Sunscreens: Opportunities and Obstacles. October 24, 2012.
- New graduate program: Master of Arts in Teaching
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2014-15
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2013-14
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2012-13
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2011-12
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2009-11
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 1998-2010