Mission, Goals & Outcomes
The IPFW Medical Imaging Program
is committed to preparing exceptional radiographers
by integrating an outstanding academic education
with a comprehensive clinical experience.
- Students will communicate effectively in the health care setting.
- Students will utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will model professional skills and behavior.
- Students will demonstrate clinical competency.
- Graduates of the program will be competent entry-level radiologic technologists.
A graduate of the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication with patients and healthcare staff.
- Demonstrate effective written communication and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate logical film sequence and procedural variations for non-routine situations.
- Evaluate the quality of radiographic images.
- Demonstrate the professional responsibilities of medical imaging technologists.
- Demonstrate clinical procedural proficiency.
- Demonstrate radiation safety practices.
- Demonstrate appropriate response to medical emergency situations.