Contact the Help Desk:
- Mon-Fri: 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Sat: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Sun: CLOSED
Winter Break 2014 Hours:
- Closed December 23, from 11:30am to 1:00pm
- Closed December 24
- Closed December 31, after 12:00pm
Using the Virtual Keyboard on the iPad
- Tap a text field to invoke the keyboard.
- Tap .?123 key to display numbers and common symbols.
- Tap #+= key to display additional symbols.
- To return to the qwerty keyboard, tap the ABC key.
- Tap the shift key (arrow pointing upward) to enable shift (arrow will turn blue).
- Double-tap the shift key to invoke caps lock (the key will turn blue).
- Tap delete key (arrow pointing left with X inside) to delete directly to the left of the cursor.
- Tap and hold delete key to delete word by word.
- Tap the keyboard key with the down arrow to close the keyboard.
- Tap and hold a letter to add accents to the specific letter.
- Tap and hold the .?123 key and slide to the desired number.
- Flick up on the comma (,) key to add an apostrophe (_).
- Flick up on the period key (.) to add quotations (").
- The qwerty keyboard can change for different applications or text entry fields.
- To split the keyboard, place both thumbs on the keyboard and drag outward.
- To bring back the normal keyboard, place a thumb on each half of the keyboard and push it together.
- In an e-mail field the comma, period key, and right .?123 key are modified for easier typing.
- Tapping and holding the period key in this keyboard mode will allow the quick input of; .com, .net, .us, .edu, and .org
- Double tap space bar to add a period at the end of a sentence.
Online Training Videos