iPad First Time Usage and Basics
Note: This instruction assumes that the user has an IPFW network account and an Apple ID.
First Time usage of the iPad
Turning the iPad on
- Press and hold the On/Off button on the top of the iPad until a silver Apple appears on the screen.
- When the iPad is on, the lock screen will appear with the slide to unlock bar accross the bottom.
Unlocking the iPad
- On the Lock Screen, tap and slide the slider to the right to unlock the iPad.
Turning the Screen On
- If the screen shuts off, tap the On/Off button on top of the iPad or tap the Home button at the bottom of the screen to turn the screen back on.
- Tap and slide the slider to the right to unlock the device.
Turning the Screen Off
- Tap the On/Off button on the top of the iPad.
Charging the iPad
Note: Use the wall adapter that came with the iPad. Plugging the iPad into the computer will charge it, but at a very slow rate. It is not recommended to charge the iPad with a computer.
Note: Do not use the iPad wall charger to charge other devices, this is a high powered charger and could potentially ruin other devices if used.
- Plug the wall adapter into the wall.
- Plug the charge/sync cable into the wall adapter.
- Plug the other end of the charge/sync cable into the bottom of the iPad.
- The iPad battery icon will show that it is charging.