Deleting an Employee Computer Account
Deleting an Employee Account
Note: How to delete an employee's account.
- Before the employee leaves, the supervisor should work with them to retrieve files and email from the account.
- On-site assistance with copying email/data is available if needed.
- Departments must fill out appropriate Human Resources paperwork, including a Personnel Action Form.
- Employee access will automatically be removed from the account based on notification from HR. If the individual has no other affiliation with the university, the account will also be deleted.
- The process to expedite or delay the account deletion process requires authorization from the Director of Human Resources; Employee Relations Administrators; the campus Chief of Police; Chancellor; or Vice Chancellors.
- Gaining access to the data in the account once the employee leaves also requires written authorization from one of the individuals listed above.