It is an exciting time to be at IPFW and your choice to be apart of the Mastodon family couldn't be better! We are excited to welcome you to campus and have a two-step New Student Orientation process to provide you the foundation you need to connect you with your new academic community, learn how to access important resources, have some fun, build your Spring Semester schedule, and get you on a successful path towards graduation!
All facets of Orientation are mandatory for first-year students (no full-time college enrollment previously) regardless of the amount of credit hours transferring to IPFW. As well, both aspects of Orientation are mandatory for transfer students who are transferring 29 or fewer credit hours to IPFW.
Orientation Step 1: Advising & Registration
To get started:
1. Activate your My.IPFW account.
2. Click on the Enrollment Tab to find the Orientation and Placement Tests Box to complete any required placement tests (note that placement tests need to be completed before your advisor can assist you with registration).
- Complete your Writing Guided Self Placement Test
- View your Reading Placement
- Schedule your Math Placement and foreign language placement tests (if required) with Testing Services.
3. Contact your academic advisor (information located on the Enrollment Tab) to register for courses.
Orientation Step 2: New Student Orientation (NSO)
The second half of Orientation is packed full of resources; your official IPFW apparel; meeting your classmates, academic personnel; obtaining your student ID card; and so much more.
NSO is Friday, January 6, 2017 from 8:00a-12:30p and is mandatory for all students. Up to two family members are welcome to attend as well. Additional information will be coming to your IPFW email in the coming weeks.
All you need to do is bring a Government Issued photo ID and we'll do all the rest - lunch is included!
If you have questions at any time, please call our office 260-481-0404 or email email@example.com.