1) Fill out the Federal Work Study Need Assessment and the Federal Work Study Off- Campus Contract. Email or Fax (260-481-5402) these documents to Josiah Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Director of Employer Services. These documents will be reviewed to see if your organization meets the requirements for the Federal Work Study Program (FWS).
2) Career Services will contact you and inform you if your organization is approved for funding under the FWS program as either a 75/25% off campus position or a 75/25% off campus community service position or a 100% FWS Reading Tutoring/Family Literacy program (pre-school through 5th grade). Please note that we will also have to review and approve the actual job description.
4) Create a job posting on IPFW JobZone. Make sure that you label the type of job as “work study”. The job description will also be reviewed by Career Services to see if it qualifies for Federal Work Study.
5) Once the job description is approved, the job will be “live” on JobZone and will be included in a weekly “Job Blast” to all IPFW students on the first Tuesday after the posting is submitted. Students will then have the opportunity to search and apply for your position.
6) Review student resumes and decide on which students you would like to interview. Please make sure that the applicant is Work Study eligible by contacting David Peterson (email@example.com), Assistant Director of Financial Aid. We also encourage you to ask if the student currently works for another department(s). Please review the Affordable Care Act if students work 30 hours or more.
7) Interview selected students. Use some of these sample interview questions so that you know what you can and can’t ask in an interview.
8) Make the job offer. Review the Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne 2014-2015 student pay scale for guidance on what hourly rate to offer. You must also fill out a short survey by clicking HERE.
9) Once you have made an employment offer, complete the Federal Work Authorization Form email it to Kirk Tolliver (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Bursar's Office (email@example.com). IPFW will complete the Personnel Action Form and then you will need to have your new employee complete the new hire employment paperwork (Forms W-4 and WH-4, Employee Info Form 13FW, Self ID Form, and Direct Deposit Authorization) and bring these forms, along with a voided check, to IPFW Human Resources, KT G06. Please note that you will receive billing for the 25 percent of the term award from IPFW Accounting Services.
10) Lastly, review the responsibilities of the employer, encourage your new student worker to watch the student training video, and contact Kirk Tolliver (firstname.lastname@example.org), IPFW Human Resources, for any additional HR issues.
You may download and view the Student Employment Application (Sample Only) [PDF].
For documents requiring PDF's, Readers/PowerPoint Veiwer