It is an exciting time to be at IPFW and your choice to be apart of the #newdon16 family couldn't be better! We are excited to welcome you to campus and have a two-step New Student Orientation process to provide you the foundation you need to connect you with your campus, learn how to access important resources, have some fun, build your Fall Semester schedule, and get you on a successful path towards graduation!
All facets of Orientation are mandatory for first-year students regardless of the amount of credit hours transferring to IPFW. All facets of Orientation are mandatory for transfer students who are transferring 29 or fewer credit hours to IPFW.
Orientation Step 1: Advising & Registration
To get started:
1. Activate your My.IPFW account.
2. Click on the Enrollment Tab to find the Orientation and Placement Tests Box to complete any required placement tests (note that placement tests need to be completed before your advisor can assist you with registration).
- Complete your Writing Guided Self Placement Test
- View your Reading Placement
- Schedule your Math Placement and foreign language placement tests (if required) with Testing Services.
3. Sign-up for Advising & Registration Day under the Enrollment Tab and confirm your mandatory New Student Orientation Days.
- Advising & Registration Day availability is based upon academic major and admit type.
4. Bring a Government Issued photo ID to check-in on your Advising & Registration Day and we'll do all the rest!
Orientation Step 2: New Student Orientation
The second half of Orientation is packed full of resources; your official IPFW apparel; meeting your classmates, academic personnel; obtaining your student ID card; and so much more.
Save the dates: Thursday, August 18-Friday, August 19, 2016.
If you have questions at any time, please call our office 260-481-0404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.