It is an exciting time to be at IPFW and your choice couldn't be better!
A student's first step toward academic success is to complete IPFW New Student Orientation online. It is mandatory that all first-year students, who have completed less than 15 credit hours, complete Online Orientation.
It is critical that you complete this requirement as soon as possible, as you will be provided your academic adviser's information at the end in order to get scheduled for Spring Semester classes.
Orientation is a multi-step process outlined below:
1. Activate your My.IPFW email address
2. Look for an email from email@example.com and follow the directions to log-on to your E-Learning account
3. Complete Online New Student Orientation (this will take you appx. 60 minutes)
Students must use Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser in order to access New Student Orientation information. A free download is found at www.mozilla.org.
4. Upon completion of the online portion, you will be provided contact information for your adviser. It is your responsibility at that time to contact them to get enrolled for Spring Semester classes - your adviser will lift your registration hold once you've spoken/met with him/her.
5. Take any necessary reading and writing guided-self placement tests and schedule your math placement test (if required).
6. Come to the "It's new to me too" luncheon and on-campus Orientation Friday, January 10th, from 11-2:00 in the Walb Union Ballroom. RSVP for the luncheon here.
7. Begin classes Monday, January 13th as an official Mastodon - we are so excited to have you on campus!
If you have questions at any time, please call our office 260-481-6609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.