Are you looking for a fun way to give back to your community, while meeting other students from the Fort Wayne area? Then it might be time to take the plunge!
United Way of Allen County, IPFW, and Ivy Tech are partnering to bring a unique opportunity to college students. Over the course of a 4 day program focused on local social issues, students will learn about current needs in the community and how they can help make a difference.
Components of the program will include:
- Interactive sessions with local nonprofit organizations to learn about community needs.
- Tours of nonprofit organizations in Fort Wayne.
- Volunteer service projects at local nonprofit agencies.
- Networking opportunities with local nonprofit agencies.
What to know:
- A total of twenty students between the two campuses will be selected through a review process for participation. (Please Note: Priority will be given to those who have not participated in the past.)
- You will be asked to participate in a brief interview during the week of February 15-18.
- If selected you will be notified via e-mail by Friday, February 19, 2016.
- You will be required to attend an orientation session on Wednesday, March 2, 2016.
- There will be absolutely no consumption of alcohol or drugs during this program.
- If accepted you will be asked to commit to attend ALL 4 days of the program –
(March 7-10; Monday – Thursday; 9:00a.m. – 3:30p.m.).
- You will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the bus pick up point.
- A light breakfast and lunch will be provided each day.
- You will be expected to participate in daily discussions, reflections, and volunteer projects.
This program is targeted to students interested in human services, social work, social issues, or taking independent action to address community needs. If you have any questions regarding the application or this program in general, please contact:
Applications are due February 12, 2016.
2016 Alternative Spring Break Application
If you have any questions about the program, please contact us at email@example.com.