General Safety Tips
- When walking to your car, especially after dark, try to walk with a group. There is probably someone in your class leaving at the same time and parked in the same general direction.
- Make sure your car is locked and don't leave items of value (ie., purses, books, etc.) in view in your parked car.
- When going to your car, always have your keys in your hand before getting to your car.
- If you happen to see someone or something that seems out of the ordinary or suspicious, don't hesitate to report it to University Police.
- Don't ever leave purses or book bags unattended, even for just a minute.
- Don't ever prop open outside doors of building. It may be a convenience for you, but it is and open invitation to unwanted parties or vandalism.
- Remember, Escorts are available day or night by calling University Police at extension 16900 from any on campus phone.
Student Housing Safety Tips
- If you have guests always escort them around the complex, remember, you are responsible for their actions.
- Learn who lives in your building and report any unauthorized persons immediately.
- Never prop any doors open. They are there for your safety from intruders and also as protection from fire!
- Never lend your keys or key FOB to anyone!!!
- Report any doors that do not latch properly immediately.
- Report any unauthorized person(s) who are staying with other residents immediately.
- Always lock your vehicle and do not leave anything valuable in plain sight.
"Think Safe, Be Safe"
- General Information
- Weather Info line (recorded)
481-6050 or 481-5770