Indiana University began offering classes in Fort Wayne in 1917. There were 142 students the first term. Purdue University Center in Fort Wayne opened in the Fall of 1941. The two campuses eventually were physically located in the same building (Kettler Hall) in 1964, there were 3100 students enrolled that fall term.
Police Chiefs Past and Present
- IPFW PD June 1, 2014 - Present
- Police Chief: June 1, 2014 - Present
Anthony J. Colone, Jr.
- IPFW PD Mar. 3, 2004 - May 30, 2014
- Interim Police Chief: July 1, 2012 - May 30, 2014
- Acting Police Chief: Mar. 22, 2012 - July 1, 2012
Jeffrey W. Davis
- IPFW PD 1996 - 2013
- Police Chief: Mar. 1, 2009 - July 1, 2012
- IPFW PD Aug. 9, 1976 - Feb. 28, 2009
- Police Chief: May 1992 - Feb. 28, 2009
The Chief's below are listed in the order of most recent to past, prior to May of 1992. No photos or further information are available at this time.
- Steve Roby
- Larry Gaff
- Maurice (Buzz) Shady
- Robert O'Rielly
- Earl Warnock