The following is a list of responsibilities for the Office of Academic Internships, Cooperative Education and Service-Learning. Our responsibilities include:
- Serving as the IPFW administrator of Cooperative Education.
- Continuing as an information clearinghouse and resource about best practices in academic credit-bearing, community-based learning experiences (e.g., cooperative education, academic credit-bearing internships, service-learning activities).
- Administering credit-bearing internship or other community-based learning programs as asked and in collaboration with academic departments.
- Serving as the IPFW representative to the Indiana Campus Compact and support service-learning initiatives in the classroom.
- Tracking participating student progress and provide program data analysis.
- Continuing to refer students and businesses interested in a non-credit internship to Career Services and to cooperate with Career Services in promoting the benefits of an internship experience, whether credit-bearing or not.
- Collaborating with CELT to provide faculty development opportunities to promote and support course-embedded community-based learning and other experiential pedagogies.