It is the student’s responsibility to:
- Be knowledgeable about university, school/division, and departmental program requirements; academic regulations; and calendar deadlines specified in the Bulletin, Schedule of Classes, and departmental publications.
- Consult with his/her advisor whenever appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Be prepared for all scheduled advising sessions.
- Make academic decisions based upon the information obtained or recommendations offered. Academic advisors will not make decisions for students.
- Act upon academic decisions in a timely manner.
- Maintain personal records of academic progress, including documentation of approved exceptions to stated program requirements.
- Seek additional or supplemental advice from other university personnel or services as needed or recommended.
- Present and candidly discuss factors (such as employment, commuting distance, and other circumstances) that might influence selection of classes, registration processes, and other academic planning.
These responsibilities have been adapted from the NACADA website.