Note: These steps are recommendations for you to retain content from GroupWise. If some of the steps do not apply to you, you do not need to do them.
If you own a shared resource mailbox or calendar, you should review these steps for each resource as well.
- Contact the IT Services Help Desk if you are in a special situation such as using a Mac, or you don't use GroupWise, etc.
- Clean up email in your local archive. This is to speed up migration for everyone.
- Make sure your mailbox, sent items and calendar folders are not inside another folder. If they aren't, they won't migrate properly.
- Consolidate and clean up your address books, moving addresses from Frequent Contacts, since the contents of Frequent Contacts will not be migrated. Recommended for smart phone users.
- Save your signature, since it will not migrate.
- Search for messages over 25MB, save the attachments and delete the original email message. Messages over 25MB are not permitted in Office 365 and will not migrate.
- Capture the contents of your past and future calendar appointments since only current appointments 7/25/2014 through 12/31/2014 will be migrated.
- Remove any items you want to keep from your Trash, Junk Mail, and Spam folders, since the contents of these folders will not be migrated.
- Document the shared folders, address books and calendars you own. You will need to set sharing back up in Office 365.
- Document the rules you have in your account, since they will not migrate.