After the migration:
Don't forget, when you log into anything related to Office 365, always use your email address (email@example.com) as your username.
- Webmail: Log in to myIPFW or go to webmail.ipfw.edu on any computer, anywhere with an internet connection.
- Windows: Install Outlook on your computer (this will uninstall GroupWise since Outlook and GroupWise don't play well on the same PC)
- Outlook installation steps for Windows
- Mac: Using Outlook or Outlook Web Access is recommended. If you have Microsoft Office installed, you already have Outlook. You will just need to add your IPFW account.
- Configuration instructions for Outlook on a Mac
- Outlook installation steps for Mac
- POP/IMAP: While POP/IMAP works with Office 365, it is not recommended by Microsoft since it is slower and not as full featured. Also, because of the variety of clients, IT Services cannot support POP/IMAP beyond verifying that the server settings are entered correctly.
Mobile Device Setup
- iPhone, iPad, iOS
If you have problems setting up your device, help will be available July 28 and 29 from 8am to 5pm at:
- KT - 2nd floor outside the Help Desk (KT 206)
- LB - 2nd floor Learning Commons desk
- WU - 1st floor outside the Walb info desk
- Recreate your signature.
- Recreate appointments that were scheduled for 2015. Consider deleting and recreating recurring appointments for 2014 as well, since they will no longer function as linked appointments once migrated.
- Recreate the shares you had on your GroupWise folders, address books and calendars.
- Recreate the rules you documented from GroupWise.
- Recreate your instant messenger buddy lists.
- Evaluate proxy rights (called delegate in Outlook) you have granted others. The options available in GroupWise are different in Outlook.