Telephone Operations/Information Desk
- Manage daily telephone switchboard and information desk operations.
- Administer and support the campus telephone system.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Manage voice mail and call accounting systems.
- Coordinate telecom functions for new building projects and renovations, including wire and jack locations and telecom hardware.
- Manage auxiliary telephone services, i.e. pay phones, emergency phones, cell phones and conference bridge.
- Coordinate annual and special projects, i.e. phone directory listings for IPFW & multiple city directories.
- Research and provide information on other special phone needs.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Provide accurate information regarding weather, building hours, staff/faculty phone and office numbers, educational courses, campus events, lectures, etc. to visitors and callers (students, faculty, staff and general public).
- Receive, extend and direct incoming telephone calls received at university switchboard to appropriate department.
- Provide information regarding correct dialing and telephone usage procedures.
- Assess campus telephone problems, prioritize according to urgency and offer solutions/initiate repair service.
- Update online campus directory, manage voicemail system, program and update information for electronic information sign.
- Transmit and receive FAX messages & initiate charge-back and tracking forms.
- Assist with compiling and editing information for the annual campus telephone directory.
- Maintain lost & found with University Police and Process vending machine refunds.
It is appreciated if you contact the Help Desk first with any issues or questions. If necessary, the Help Desk will route you to the most appropriate person or team.