Celebrate 50 Years
Office of International Education

Check the Office of International Education out on. . .




EducationUSA Logo

“EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department‘s network of hundreds of advising centers in 170 countries designed to assist local students find the appropriate college or university in the United States. Click on the link below to find your center!”

Change of Local Address

United States (U.S.) immigration regulations require “non-citizens” in the U.S. (other than diplomats on “A” visas or international organization representatives on “G” visas) who are present in the US for more than 30 days to register any change of address with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) formerly Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) within 10 days of the change of address. This is particularly important for students in F-1 visa status who may lose their visa status if they do not follow this directive.

How to inform the USCIS of your address change

If you are an international student in F-1 or J-1 status and you move (or about to move) to a new address, you must notify USCIS within 10 days. In order to notify the United States Imigration you must log in to myIPFW and complete the following steps

  1. Log in to myIPFW.
  2. On the main menu page - Under Update Personal Information which is on the right side of the page just below the Personal Information.
  3. Select Update Addresses and Phones.
  4. To update your existing address just click on the Current link to the corresponding address. Then it takes you to the page where you can make changes to your address and be sure to provide the valid date from which you want it to start.

Additionally, you must stop by the Office of International Education office to report the new address so that OIE will report your new address to SEVIS/USCIS.