In order to apply for admission as an exchange student, you must complete an international exchange student application and submit it with all required documents. All documents must be original or certified copies by the source institution.
To be considered for admission, you must submit the following documents:
- Completed International exchange student application
- Copy of first page of passport.
- Proof of English proficiency. IPFW accepts the following official examination scores: TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT, or completion of ELS Level 112. Please send official scores directly to the Office of International Education.
Minimum Score Requirements
- TOEFL Paper: 550
- TOEFL Internet: 79 (school code: 1336)
- IELTS Overall Band Score: 6.5+
- STEP/EIKEN: Grade Pre-1
- SAT: 450 on Critical Reading (school code: 1336)
- ACT: 20 (school code: 1217) (For general Admission) OR 21 (English), 23 (Math) (For Engineering)
- Original or certified copies of all academic records/transcripts from your home university. Exchange students are not required to provide a transcript evaluation.
- Certification of financial support. Usually, this is an official letter or and original statement from a bank, company, or government sponsor indicating the availability of sufficient funds to pay for living expenses. The estimated cost of attendance for 2014-2015 is $15,172.00 for exchange students (see Estimated Cost of Attendance [pdf] for details).
Download the international exchange student application form, complete it, and save it to your computer. Email the completed form to email@example.com or send it by postal mail to the following address:
IPFW Office of International Education
2101 E. Coliseum Blvd. Walb Union 145
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1499