Celebrate 50 Years
Office of International Education

Check the Office of International Education out on. . .




EducationUSA Logo

“EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department‘s network of hundreds of advising centers in 170 countries designed to assist local students find the appropriate college or university in the United States. Click on the link below to find your center!”

Why Do You Need Health Insurance?

Health care in the United States is very expensive. A simple visit to a doctor can cost hundreds of dollars and staying in the hospital for a couple of days may cost a fortune. Therefore, health insurance is required at IPFW for ALL international students. A health insurance plan offered by IPFW is available to ALL international students, therefore, a foreign health fee will be added to your bill each semester. Your insurance card will be available for you to pick up from the International Student Services Department two weeks after it has been ordered.

Health Insurance Rates

IPFW offers Rust & Associates health insurance to ALL international students. The current insurance rate is $86 per month. You will be billed for the health insurance per semester at the following rates:

Fall semester (coverage from August 1 to December 31): $490

Spring semester (coverage from January 1 to July 31): $686

If your spouse and/or children are accompanying you on F-2 visas, you can list cover them under your rust International insurance policy. The extra cost for spouse coverage is $248 per month. The extra cost for each child is $124 per month.