The Office of International Education provides mandatory orientation session for all new international students at the start of every fall and spring semester. This orientation is for both undergraduate and graduate students. The Fall 2015 orientation will begin Thursday August 13th and will conclude Friday, August 21st.
- When students receive their acceptance packages, they will receive pre arrival information which will include crucial information about orientation and arrival to campus. Please follow the information closely.
AIRPORT PICK UP INFORMATION:
- Drivers will be available to pick students up beginning August 9th and ending August 16th from the FORT WAYNE AIRPORT (FWA) ONLY.
- Students can choose one of three drop off points: IPFW Student Housing, Office of International Education, or the Holiday Inn on E. Coliseum Blvd.
- EARLY CHECK IN: Students can arrive as EARLY as August 12th, 2015 to take placement tests and register for classes on Thursday, August 13th and Friday August 14th.
- UNDERGRADUATE CHECK IN: Thursday August, 13th - Friday August 14th, 2015. Students are to report to the Office of International Education. Students will need to have taken placement tests and registered for classes by 5pm, Monday August 17th.
- GRADUATE CHECK IN: Monday August 17th. Students are to report to the Office of International Education.
- PLEASE NOTE: Students living at IPFW Student Housing will be subject to early move in fees. Undergraduate students will be subject to early move in fees if they arrive prior to August 12th. Graduate students will be subject to early move in fees if they arrive prior to August 17th. You MUST notify the Office of International Education of your arrival date and time to ensure you will not be subject to early move in fees after August 12th. You are REQUIRED to submit an Early Move In Request at least 10 days prior to your arrival date. Please see the Student Housing website for the Early Move In Form for Fall 2015.
- Please also submit an Arrival Form so that we know when to expect your arrival to campus. This form also helps us arrange pick up if necessary or know you don't need a pick up.
Note about placement tests: Students who do not have 6 or more credits in College English Composition or a similiar course, will need to take an ESL placement test upon arrival to campus. This test can ONLY be taken on campus. Students with English as a native language can take the online self-assessment for writing. You can find this by logging into myIPFW, click on the enrollment tab, then Orientation & Placement Tests. Students must also take a math placement test if they have not completed College Algebra. Both the ESL placement test and math placement test can be coordinated for you by the Office of International Education once we are notified of your arrival details.