Office of Graduate Studies

Non-degree-seeking Students

Never stop exploring.

You are considered an applicant for non-degree (temporary) admission if you

  1. have earned a baccalaureate or advanced degree, and
  2. do not intend to pursue another degree and are seeking only personal or professional enrichment.

You must be prepared to demonstrate that you have the necessary preparation for any course(s) in which you wish to enroll and may be required to obtain approval from the course instructors.

You may later seek regular admission and request that courses you completed while in non-degree admission status be considered for application toward a degree. The applicability of these courses will be determined by the school, division, or department that offers the program you are seeking, and typically no more than 12 credits will be considered.

Visiting Students

If you are a graduate student in good standing at another accredited graduate school, you may apply for one semester's or one summer's admission as a visiting non-degree student. Graduate students from institutional members of the Committee on Institutional Cooperate (CIC) consortium may be visiting students for up to one year. Under the above circumstances, the IPFW graduate admissions clerk will assist with your application.