Financial Aid

School Code: 001828

Facebook Twitter YouTube

Financial Aid Office Hours:

Mon. & Thurs. 8 AM - 6 PM

Tues. & Weds. 8 AM - 5 PM

Fri. 9 AM - 5 PM


Contact Us:

Phone:  260-481-6820

Fax:      260-481-4159

2101 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN, 46805

Gainful Employment Information:

Dental Assisting Certificate

Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting

What is Federal Work-Study?

This is a part-time job for undergraduate with financial need, to help them pay for educational expenses. The program encourages community service work and work that would be related to the students educational goals.

Quick Overview:

  • Provides part-time employment to students.
  • It is available to undergraduates.
  • it's available to part-time and full-time students.
  • Administered by the Financial Aid Office.

What kinds of jobs are there?

The program offers both on-campus and off-campus jobs. Off-campus jobs are rare to find and are only non-profits that have joined the program and have been approved that deals with the students working for the public interest.

On-campus jobs are available in a variety of departments and offices across campus. To find listings of work-study positions, visit JobZone or visit the work study website.

How much can I earn?

All work-study jobs pay the federal minimum wage level, though some jobs offer a higher rate.

Total award depends on:

  • when you apply
  • your financial need
  • the school's funding level

How will I be paid?

Federal work-study students get paid bi-weekly at IPFW. This is set up through the pay roll department when you start the position. 

Can I work as many hours as I want?

There are limits on how much you can work per week and how much money you can earn per semester.  Currently, a federal work-study student should not exceed 12 hours per week.