Goals of the Recruitment and Selection Process
- To attract highly qualified individuals to IPFW.
- To provide an equal opportunity for potential candidates to apply for vacancies
- To emphasize active recruitment of traditionally underrepresented groups, i.e. individuals with disabilities, minority group members, women, and veterans.
- To systematically collect information about each applicant’s ability to meet the requirements of the advertised position.
- To engage in hiring activities that will result in eliminating the underutilization of women and minorities in particular departments.
- To select a candidate that will be successful in performing the tasks and meeting the responsibilities of the position.
As of October 1, 2014, Human Resources will handle the recruitment process for Administrative, Clerical and Service positions. OIE will continue to be a resource for Hiring Supervisors, but will only be a necessary contact during the recruitment request phase. For a complete description of the newly updated process, please see the Human Resources web page.