Office of Development

Non-Monetary Gifts

As with gifts of securities or real estate, a donor is entitled to a charitable deduction for gifts of tangible personal property (e.g. works of art, rare books, stamp or coin collections, etc.), which are called Gift-in-Kind. The extent of the allowable deduction for a gift of such property held long-term is dependent upon the standard of "related use."

Dr. Don Lahrman's Gift-In-Kind

© 2014 Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW). All rights reserved. IPFW is an equal access/equal opportunity university.
If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please email the Office of Institutional Equity at