Diplomas are prepared in the registrar's office.
How do I get my diploma?
- December and summer session graduates will receive an email at their myIPFW email account (approximately 10-12 weeks following the end of classes) letting them know their diploma is available and ready to pick up in the registrar's office, KT 107.
- May graduates who participate in the Commencement ceremony will receive their diploma immediately following Commencement. Diplomas for May grads who do not attend Commencement will be available in the registrar's office, KT 107, beginning the Monday after Commencement (May 19).
- All students will be asked to show a photo ID when picking up their diploma.
Can my diploma be mailed to me?
- If you live outside Allen County, you can request in writing that your diploma be mailed to you.
- Diplomas are sent via UPS "signature required upon delivery" so they cannot be sent to a post office box.
- You need to provide a written and signed request to have your diploma mailed. In your letter please include your full name, your student I.D. number, a daytime phone number, mention the specific degree awarded, the date or semester in which your degree was awarded and the complete street mailing address you'd like your diploma sent to, along with your original verifiable signature.
Can someone else pick up my diploma for me?
- Yes, if you live outside Allen County, someone else can pick up your diploma for you. The email you receive has an option which you can check and sign allowing someone else to pick up your diploma. After the signed release has been received in the registrar's office, the designated individual must provide their photo ID card, and will be able to pick up the diploma.
How will my name appear on my diploma?
- Your name (first, middle/maiden, and last, as provided upon admission to the university) will appear on your diploma and in the commencement program copy. You will receive a candidate email at your myIPFW email account from the registrar's office listing the way your name will appear. May graduates receive their email in February.
- If you need to check to see how your name will appear, you may email Amy Betz. Be sure to include your student I.D. number and your degree information in the email. You must send your email from your myIPFW email account.
- You will also be able to check name and degree information at the Grad Fair on March 4 and 5.
- Changes in your name must be done in person in the registrar's office in Kettler Hall, Room 107. A photo ID and supporting documents (original marriage license, divorce decree) are required for any changes.
- Diplomas for May graduates will be ordered by March 7 so all name changes must be done before that date.
Personnel in the registrar's office, 260–481–6122, will answer questions concerning diplomas, or email Amy Betz.