Organizational Structure Changes August 7, 2013
Organizational Structure Changes
Dear Campus Colleagues,
As I shared at the time of Vice Chancellor Branson's resignation to accept a new position in Missouri, I planned to assess the functions and operational structure of the Vice Chancellor for Financial and Administrative Affairs' office. As a result of that assessment, including consulting with a number of individuals over the past several weeks, the following transitions will occur, effective immediately:
- Information Technology Services will move to Academic Affairs and report to the Vice Chancellor;
- Academic Ceremonies will move to Academic Affairs and report to the Vice Chancellor;
- Student Housing will move to Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and report to the Vice Chancellor;
- Health and Wellness will remain under the College of Health and Human Services (HHS);
- University Police will report directly to the Vice Chancellor for Financial and Administrative Affairs rather than through Physical Plant;
- Intramurals will transition to Student Affairs and Enrollment Management with the transition complete by December 31.
These changes will address a number of our priorities, align functions to better support student success and our overall organizational structure, and position us to take advantage of emerging opportunities. I appreciate the input received as the assessment progressed and also your support as we move through these transitions.