E-mail consultations can be requested 24/7 through our online form from any internet-ready device when the Writing Center is in operation. For the Spring 2017 semester, we will be open January 17, 2017 - April 28, 2017.
The Writing Center is closed from Saturday, March 4, through Sunday, March 12 for Spring Break. You are still able to submit papers, but they will not be received until after we return to campus on Monday, March 13. Please expect to have your requests returned no earlier than Wednesday, March 15.
Policies and Procedures
- You may submit a paper at any time, but the request will be processed by the online coordinator during regular business hours which excludes breaks, holidays, and weekends. Please take this time into consideration when submitting your paper.
- Because we have a limited number of consultants and hours available for online consulting, STUDENTS MAY SUBMIT ONLY ONE PAPER AT A TIME.
- You will receive an immediate confirmation email after you submit your paper. If you do not receive a confirmation message, please contact the Writing Center to verify we received your submission.
- Your paper will be returned approximately 48-72 business hours from the date you receive your confirmation, excluding weekends, university breaks, and school closures; we do not consider that time to be part of the 48-72 hours. We post all planned closures on our website.
- Submissions should be less than 10 pages long. If your submission is more than 10 pages, please indicate the 10 pages on which you wish us to consult.
- Questions and concerns about citation styles are best addressed during a face-to-face consultation; the online format does not allow us to address your issues fully.
How to Request an Online Consultation
- To request an online consultation, you will need to complete the form found at this link: https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8ul1ObQs8fJVa0l
- Please be sure the assignment you wish to have reviewed is in .doc, .txt, or .rtf format (not .wpd or .pdf)
- Please be specific and answer all questions on the form, otherwise your consultation may be delayed while we request additional information.
Once you send your e-mail, you will receive an automatic reply that serves as confirmation that we received your submission. Our E-mail consultation coordinator will review your submission and make sure we have all the information we need to complete the consultation. If we need to contact you for more information, it will delay the return of your paper.
Within 48-72 business hours of your completed submission (not including weekends, university breaks, or school closures), you will receive a response from email@example.com. This response will have your paper as an attachment that will have comments from a consultant similar to what would have been discussed in a face-to-face consultation, as well as a consultation summary. Please note that you cannot see comments on Word documents while using a mobile device. You must open the document on a desktop or laptop computer to see the comments.
Please contact the Writing Center during our business hours with questions and/or concerns:
Location: Helmke Library Learning Commons (2nd floor)
Phone at 260-481-5740
Return to Writing Center Services