E-mail consultations are available during regular business hours.
Regular Business Hours for Fall 2016:
August 29, 2016 - December 10, 2016
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 7 pm
Friday: 9 am - 3 pm
The Writing Center will be closed for the Labor Day Holiday on Monday, September 5, for Fall Break on October 10 & 11, and the Thanksgiving Holiday from November 23 - 25. Please plan your submissions accordingly.
Policies and Procedures
- You may submit a paper at any time, but the request will be processed by the online coordinator during regular business hours which excludes breaks, holidays, and weekends. Please take this time into consideration when submitting your paper.
- Because we have a limited number of consultants and hours available for online consulting, STUDENTS MAY SUBMIT ONLY ONE PAPER AT A TIME.
- You will receive an immediate confirmation email after you submit your paper. If you do not receive a confirmation message, please contact the Writing Center during our business hours to verify we received your submission.
- Your paper will be returned approximately 48-72 business hours from the date you receive your confirmation. Please note: The Writing Center E-mail Consultation Service is not open on weekends, university breaks, or holidays, and does not consider that time to be part of the 48-72 hours.
- Papers should be less than 10 pages long. If your paper is more than 10 pages long, please indicate the 10 pages you wish us to respond to, or make a face-to-face appointment in the Writing Center to discuss your paper.
- Questions and concerns about citation styles are best addressed during a face-to-face consultation; the online format does not allow us to address your issues fully.
How to Request an Online Consultation
- To request an online consultation, you will need to complete the form found at this link: https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8ul1ObQs8fJVa0l
- Please be sure the assignment you wish to have reviewed is in .doc, .txt, or .rtf format (not .wpd)
- Please be specific and answer all questions on the form, otherwise your consultation may be delayed while we request additional information.
Once you send your e-mail, you will receive an automatic reply from firstname.lastname@example.org that serves as confirmation that we received your submission. Our E-mail consultation coordinator will review your submission during our regular business hours and make sure we have all the information we need to complete the consultation. If we need to contact you for more information, it will delay the return of your paper.
Within 48-72 business hours of your copleted submission (not including weekends, university breaks, or holidays), you will receive a writing consultant’s response from email@example.com. This response will have your paper as an attachment, and will have comments from a consultant, similar to what would have been discussed in a face-to-face consultation. Please note that you cannot see comments on Word documents while using a mobile device. You must open the document on a desktop or laptop computer to see the comments.
Remember, for other questions, you may contact the Writing Center during our business hours:
Location: Kettler Hall, Room G19
Phone at 260-481-5740
Return to Writing Center Services