Accounting Services

Payables Forms

Form NameForm IDFormatInstructions

Direct Payment Forms

These forms are used to make payments to individuals and companies where a purchase order is not issued.

Form DIV Direct Invoice Voucher
For payments without an associated purchase order. Requires Microsoft Excel 2007 or later; contains macros.
Direct Debit Journal Voucher
Prepared when making payments by wire transfer or foreign draft. Must be accompanied by a Form 52A Request for Wire Transfers and Foreign Drafts, below. Requires Microsoft Excel 2007 or later.
Form 52A Request for Wire Transfers and Foreign Drafts
Prepared when making payments by wire transfer or foreign drafts. Must be accompanied by a Direct Debit Journal Voucher, above. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reader.
Credit Voucher (Form 56A)
The credit voucher is used to document credit memos received from vendor. A credit memo is issued by a vendor to reduce the amount that a IPFW owes from a previously issued sales invoice.  The credit voucher is processed by Purdue just like a direct invoice voucher, but has the effect of putting money back in the department's account. Requires Microsoft Excel 2007 or later.  For instructions, click here.
Cancel/Rewrite and Check Copy Request
Void and reissue a lost check or cancel and rewrite check to wrong vendor. NOTE: This process is done by Accounting Services. If you believe you need to have a vendor payment cancelled or rewritten, contact Accounting Services. For instructions, click here.

Payments to Individuals

General Forms

These forms are used when making payments to individuals only. They are submitted along with a Form DIV Direct Invoice Voucher.  NOTE:  Non-Resident Alien Payees require additional documentation. See Payments to Non-Resident Aliens section, below.

Human Subject Payments

For use in making incentive payments to human subjects in research studies.

Payments to Non-Resident Aliens

Payments to non-resident aliens are subject to a mandatory income tax withholding by the university. The forms below are for use when the non-resident alien payee is eligible for exemption from tax withholding. 

Scholarship, Prize and Award Payments to Students

Scholarship, Prize, and Award payments to students are generally processed by the Office of Financial Aid and disbursed by the Bursar's Office.  The forms below are for processing those payments.

Payments to Prospective Employees and New Hires

For reimbursement of interview expenses for prospective employees, and payment of moving allowances to new hires, where applicable.

Forms for New Vendors

Whenever the University pays a vendor for the first time, the vendor must provide an IRS Form W-9.  If the vendor is not incorporated, a Form PC Payee Certification is used.

Tax Exemption Forms

Cash Advance / Petty Cash Reimbursements

Promissory NoteUsed for Payroll Advances, Airline Ticket Advances, and research project one-time or revolving advances to employees.  Requires Adobe Reader or other PDF reader.

Purchasing Card Forms

Forms for requesting purchasing cards and making changes to information on issued cards.

IPFW Foundation Check Request


Complete list of Business Office Forms

Fraud Hotline

If you see or suspect unethical or illegal behavior by any IPFW department or employee, you may report your concerns anonymously to The Network.  Call 1-866-815-2620, or visit

Important Information About this Web Site

West Lafayette Campus References
References to offices and employees on the West Lafayette campuses should be substituted with IPFW equivalents.  If in doubt, contact IPFW Accounting Services. 
OnePurdue website links
OnePurdue website resources may require the use of special login credentials. For information on how to access these resources, click here.