For Immediate Release
January 30, 2013
- 6th Annual Pink Out Honors Breast Cancer Survivors
6th Annual Pink Out Honors Breast Cancer Survivors
- 6th Annual Pink Out at IPFW
- Saturday, February 16, International Ballroom and Gates Sports Center
- Luncheon to honor breast cancer survivors at noon, International Ballroom
- IPFW Women’s basketball game against South Dakota at 2 p.m. in Gates Center
- Pink Out website
FORT WAYNE, Ind.—Breast cancer survivors are invited to attend the 6th Annual Pink Out, Saturday, February 16, at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW.)
At a news conference this morning (Jan. 30, 2013) IPFW Chancellor Vicky Carwein noted how important it is for everyone to know that information about the early detection and treatment of breast cancer can make a major difference in the patient’s survival.
Athletic Director Tommy Bell said the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer will receive the proceeds from the event, which includes a women’s basketball game between IPFW and South Dakota.
- Pink Out 2013 begins at noon Saturday, February 16, with a luncheon to honor breast cancer survivors in the International Ballroom located in the Student Services Complex between Walb Student Union and Gates Sports Center.
- Alyssa Ivanson from WANE-TV will be the MC at the luncheon
- Breast cancer survivors who preregister will receive free admission to luncheon, game, and a free gift from Vera Bradley
- Luncheon tickets for the general public are available for $20 per person
- Survivors will be honored at an on-court ceremony during halftime of the basketball game
- $1 from every ticket sold will benefit the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer
- Fans are encouraged to wear pink to the game to support breast cancer awareness
- The group ticket discount is $3 for groups of 10 or more that purchase the tickets before the event
- R.S.V.P.s and luncheon ticket orders are due by Wednesday, February 13. Email Peggy Mossing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 260-481-6643 for more information or to R.S.V.P. for the event
- During the month of February, $1 from every oil change performed at McMahon Tire and Car Care in Glenbrook Square Mall will be donated to the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer
Catherine Hill, executive director of the Vera Bradley Foundation, also spoke at the news conference and sponsors were recognized, including Lutheran Health Network, McMahon Tire and Car Care, WANE-TV, The Grove, and Walgreens.
For more information about Pink Out, contact Peggy Mossing at 260-481-6643 or email@example.com, or go to the Pink Out website.