For Immediate Release
November 19, 2013
- Diversity and Community Engagement Week Hosted at IPFW
Diversity and Community Engagement Week Hosted at IPFW
- First annual IPFW Diversity and Community Engagement Week
- Community Service Fair, Tuesday November 19, in Walb Union Ballroom from noon to 2 p.m.
- Media are invited to attend and cover all events
FORT WAYNE, Ind.—Starting today Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) will host the first annual Diversity and Community Engagement week November 18–22, 2013.
Events for the week include:
- Community Service Fair on Tuesday, November 19 in Walb Student Union Ballroom from noon to 2 p.m. Over 50 community agencies are confirmed to attend
- NOH8 Campaign with Ivy Tech Community College on Wednesday, November 20 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Walb Student Union Ballroom. In light of bullying cases in the news this event is a timely effort to encourage civility, diversity, and equality for everyone
- Diversity Showcase on Thursday, November 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Walb Student Union Ballroom. Free cultural food offerings and entertainment for IPFW and Ivy Tech students, staff, and faculty
- Dance Marathon on Friday, November 22 from 7 to 11 p.m. in Walb Union International Ballroom
The goals of the week are to increase opportunities for the community to engage and connect with the campus community.
The week kicks off with the Community Service Fair tomorrow, November 19, where over 50 agencies looking for volunteers in the Fort Wayne community will be present. Attendees will be able to learn about important community resources, as well as network with not-for profit agency leaders. There will also be free food and giveaways.
The media are invited to attend and cover all events during the week. For more information contact Krissy Creager, director of student life, at 260-481-6883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.