University Archives

Organizational Leadership and Supervision

Encyclopedia Search
Search

Organizational Leadership and Supervision

Categories: Topics

In 1990 this name was officially given to a department that had its beginnings in 1944 as a Purdue program in Fort Wayne. In 1964 it became known as the Department of Industrial Education and Supervision.  Professor F. Lee Bushong was instrumental in developing the program. In 1965 it became the Industrial Supervision Division.  In 1987 the program became part of the School of Business and Management Sciences having previously been in the School of Engineering, Nursing and Technology.  In 1997 the program became a division reporting to the School of Engineering, Technology and Computer Science.  Industrial supervision has been the major thrust of the program throughout its many changes in name.
Source:   OLS Student News, 9 (Spring 2001), 1-2.

<< Back to Results