Professor Cox came to IPFW in the Fall 1989 as dean of the School of Arts and Sciences. In 1996 he assumed full-time teaching and research duties in the chemistry department. He received degrees from Wesleyan University (B.A., 1956) and the University of Pennsylvania (Ph.D., 1960). Professor Cox was a biochemist who retired as professor emeritus of chemistry in 2000. He was active in PIT theater during his tenure at IPFW.
Photo: Current (February 1990), p. 2.