News & Events
THIS SITE IS BEING REPLACED SOON AND IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED. PLEASE VISIT OUR BETA SITE at new.ipfw.edu/math/
Pi Club Events
- End-of-Semester party: cookout at the SCAN garden, May 7, 2010. Announcement
- Student talks: Cynthia Ellis, Origami: More than an art form; and Cindy Harter, A tale of transitivity. April 19.
- Lunchtime talk: Paul Richeson (IPFW student and intern at Lincoln Financial), and Rick Richmond, FSA, MAAA (actuarial consultant at Lincoln Financial), Becoming an Actuary, April 12.
- Paul will begin the talk by speaking about the hiring process at Lincoln Financial and presenting some information concerning two projects he has been working on since becoming an intern at Lincoln Financial. After this, Paul will continue the presentation by discussing his impression of the actuary profession. Topics will include likes, dislikes, valuable skills, etc. Following Paul’s portion of the presentation, Rick Richmond, Actuarial Consultant at Lincoln Financial, will center his comments around getting hired. He will spend some of his time discussing resumes, both good ones and bad ones.
- Lunchtime talk Prof. D. Maloney, IPFW Physics, Problems and Problem Solving Tools. April 1, 2010.
- Lunchtime lecture: Prof. G. Petruska, IPFW Computer Science, Series and Products: Euler's Wizardry. Nov. 16, 2009.
- Chili Supper: Oct. 23, followed by IPFW women's volleyball game at 7:00.
- Lunchtime guest speaker: Bill Erdman, on Actuarial Careers, Oct. 19.
- Math club book sale, 9:30-6:30 in KT ground floor, October 7 and 8, 2009.
- Beginning of Fall 2009 Semester/Welcome Back Picnic: Sept. 14, 2009.
- Pi Math Club Pictures, 2009-10
- Pi Math Club Photos and events archive, 1997-2009