Paying for College

Transfer Students

Transferring to IPFW from another college or university

If you're a student transferring from another college or university, there are several things that you must do to transfer your financial aid information.

  1. If you registered for classes at your prior school, you must officially withdraw through your prior school's registrar's office.
  2. Contact the financial aid office at your prior school and request your aid to be cancelled and your loan end dates changed. 
  3. If you have a Parent PLUS loan at your prior school, your parent must cancel it and reapply for a new PLUS loan through IPFW.
  4. Log on to your FAFSA and change your school code to IPFW's school code, 001828.
  5. If you have Indiana state grants (like the Higher Education Award or 21st Century Scholar) you must log on to SSACI eStudent and change your school code to IPFW, 001828
  6. If you have CVO (Child of a Disabled Veteran or Public Safety Office) you must turn in a new state certification and complete the IPFW CVO application.  Your FAFSA must also be received by IPFW before CVO can be processed.

Print our Transfer Student Checklist for reference

IPFW Financial Aid Office

Facebook   Twitter   YouTube

School Code 001828

Summer Billing Due Date

  • May 16, 2014

for registration on or before 5/16/14

  • June 27, 2014

for registration on or before 6/27/14

Fall 2014 Billing Due Date

  • August 22,2014

Changes to Child of a Disabled Veteran (CVO) Program

Students who will receive CVO next year must be aware of recent changes made by the state of Indiana.  Visit the state of Indiana's website to read more!

© 2014 Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW). All rights reserved. IPFW is an equal access/equal opportunity university.
If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please email the Office of Institutional Equity at