2011 Swinehart Recipient Lauren Garber
with Kim McDonald, Chair
David P. Swinehart Memorial Scholarship
The David P. Swinehart Memorial Scholarship is given in memory of Dave Swinehart, our esteemed colleague and friend, who was an associate professor in organizational leadership and supervision from 1980 to 1991. This scholarship is given to an OLS major who most exemplifies Swinehart’s outstanding qualities of leadership ability, high academic performance, service to the school and community, and career development.
- Applicant must have completed 60 hours (21 hours in OLS courses) toward a degree in OLS.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall and a GPA of 3.2 in OLS courses.
- Applicant must register for at least six credit hours in the fall semester following the award of the scholarship.
- Applicant must not be involved with a fully-funded tuition refund program. However, the applicant may be receiving other financial aid.
- Students need to complete the scholarship application form (application form is also available in Neff 288) and submit by
What does the Scholarship Cover?
- Award is merit based, only one scholarship is awarded each year.
- This $500 scholarship will be applied toward tuition fees.