Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership
The Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership is based on the core of the OLS master’s degree program. The courses are designed to provide a theoretical foundation to connect key concepts in leadership and human resources research with best practice. Through the required courses, students in the OLS graduate certificate program will develop their abilities to:
- identify ways to assess and enhance organizational climate and culture
- understand the complexity and interrelated nature of organizational phenomena
- identify practices that promote teamwork as well as personal and organizational effectiveness
A. Graduate School Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 with the possibility of conditional admission for those who do not meet this requirement
- Applicants whose native language is not English must achieve an overall TOEFL iBT score of at least 77, with the following minimum test scores: reading, 19; listening, 14; speaking, 18; writing, 18. As an alternative, applicants may submit an IELTS (Academic Module) score of 6.5 or higher.
B. Division of Organizational Leadership and Supervision requirements
- Students who are currently admitted to any Purdue or Indiana University graduate degree program at IPFW are eligible to earn the certificate if they are approved for admission to the program through the Division of Organizational Leadership and Supervision.
- Students who are not currently admitted to the Purdue Graduate School must apply for admission through the Division of Organizational Leadership and Leadership.
Students already enrolled in the OLS master’s degree program are not eligible for the certificate. Students who initially enroll in the certificate program may apply for the OLS master’s near completion of the certificate requirements or after the certificate has been granted. A maximum of 12 credit hours earned in the certificate may be applied to a master’s degree.
Students may take the minimum of six OLS graduate credit hours prior to admission to the certificate program that may be counted toward completion of the certificate.
If approved by the OLS Graduate Admissions Committee, a maximum of three graduate-level transfer credits may be applied to the requirements for the certificate.