- Office Hours: T 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM & Noon - 12:30 PM
R 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM & Noon - 12:30 PM
Others by Appointment
- Phone: 260-481-6416
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., 1983: Counseling & personnel services
Concentrations: Organizational development; psychology
- Ed.S. Kent State University, Kent, OH., 1976: Counseling & personnel services
Emphasis: Organizational development
- M.Ed. Kent State University, Kent, OH., 1976: Counseling
Emphasis: Individual and career development
- B.A. Mount Union College, Alliance, OH., 1974: English
Minors: Education and psychology
Particular research interests: workforce diversity, career development, and work experiences of hourly employees.
- Hite, L. M. & McDonald, K.S. (2012). Career counseling for Millennials: Practitioner's perpectives. In Ng, E.,Lyons, S. & Schweitzer, L. (Eds.) Managing the new workforce: International Perspectives on the millennial generation (204-221). Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar.
- McDonald K. S. & Hite, L. M. (2011, June). Facilitating civil discourse: Learning to promote possibilities over positions. Paper presented for the Organizational Behavior Teaching conference, Milwaukee, WI.
- Hite, L. M. & McDonald K. S.( 2010). Perspectives on HRD and diversity education. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 12(3), 283-294.
- McDonald, K.S. & Hite, L. M.(2010). Diversity in the HRD curriculum: Concluding thoughts and next steps. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 12(3), 385-391.
- McDonald, K.S. & Hite, L.M. (2008). Creating a career culture: Connection and collaboration. New Horizons in Adult Education and Human Resource Development, 22(2), http://education.fiu.edu/newhorizons.
- Hite, L.M. & McDonald, K.S. (2008). A new era for career development and HRD. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 10(1), 3-7.
- McDonald, K.S. & Hite, L.M. (2008). The next generation of career success: Implications for HRD. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 10(1), 86-103.
- Hite, L. M. (2007). Hispanic women managers and professionals: Reflections on life and work. Gender, Work and Organization, 14 (1), 20-36.
- Hite, L. M. & McDonald, K.S. (2006) Diversity training pitfalls and possibitities: An exploratory study of small and mid-size U.S. organizations. Human Resource Development International, 9 (3), 365-377.
- Hite, L. M. (2006). Perceptions of racism and illusions of equity. Women in Management Review, 21 (3), 211-223.
- McDonald, K. S. & Hite, L. M. (2005). Reviving the relevance of career development in human resource development. Human Resource Development Review,4 (4), 418-439.
- McDonald, K. S. & Hite, L. H. (2005). Ethical issues in mentoring: The role of HRD. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 7 (4), 569-582.
- Hite, L. H. (2004). Black and white women managers: Access to opportunity. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 15 (2), 131-146.
- Hite, L. M. & McDonald, K. S. (2003). Career aspirations of non-managerial women: Adjustment and adaptation. Journal of Career Development, 29 (4), 221-235.
- McDonald, K. S., Hite, L. M., & Gilbreath, B. (2002). Non salaried U.S. employees’ careers: An exploratory study. Career Development International, 7 (7), 398-406.
- McDonald, K. S. & Hite, L. M. (1999). Human resource development’s role in women’s career progress. In S. Imel (Series Ed.) & L. L. Bierema (Vol. Ed.),Women’s career development across the life span: Insights and strategies for women, organizations, and adult educators (pp.53-62). New directions for adult and continuing education: Vol. 80. . San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
Prior Work Experience
Corporate trainer and facilitator for large manufacturing organization
Academic administration, Purdue University
OLS 48500: Leadership for Team Development
OLS 47400: Conference Leadership
OLS 45400: Gender & Diversity in Management
OLS 53000: Systems Change and Organization Development
OLS 68000: Research in OLS
- OLS 48500-01 TR 10:30 AM to 11:45 AM Room NF B70
Return to OLS Faculty & Staff Alphabetical Directory