Each semester online registration will be blocked for engineering students until they meet with their academic advisors and have a One Year Plan form completed and signed (see Advising).
Use your advisor established regular office hours.If you are unable to meet during these posted times, you should contact your advisor to make an appointment. Please meet with your advisor according to the advising timetable below. Your advisor may not be available from April 24 to August 16.
It is the student's responsibility to check co/prerequisite requirements and time conflicts. For accurate information about course co/prerequisite requirements, students should check these bingo sheets and not the IPFW Bulletin. The registration requirements and timetable are:
- Use these class schedules when building your one-year course plan.
- Students must bring a complete one-year course plan to the meeting with.
- Students should print and bring to the meeting a copy of their unofficial transcript.
- Students must also make sure that their department personal file is available to the advisor during the meeting. This file can be obtained from the department administrative assistant who can give it to the advisor directly or to the student just before the meeting takes place.
- After discussing the course plan with their advisors, students will be able to register online.
- If you believe your academic class standing (freshman, sophomore, etc.) needs to be updated ask your advisor to have it changed. Your acadmic standing is based on the number of completed credit hours, and it is separate from your progression within the degree program.
- If you are planning to graduate in the spring semester please fill out this graduation application. There are application deadlines for each graduation term, so be sure to check the Graduation website.
- Students who are eligible for a minor in Mathematics and/or Physics should consult these webpages (Math, Physics) to ensure that the required forms are completed on time. For assistance or to have questions about minors answered, please contact the department that houses that minor. The Math Department is located in KT 200 and the Physics Department is located in KT 126B.
- If you are having problems registering online (after having your one year plan approved) please contact the correct administrative assistant:
Priority Advising and Registration Dates for the Department of Engineering
|Degree candidates, graduate students, and seniors
||Monday, March 30 to Friday, April 3
|Juniors and honors students
||Monday, April 6 to Friday, April 10
||Monday, April 13 to Friday, April 17
|Freshmen and others
||Monday, November 10 to Friday, November 14
Late Registration and Drop/Add Times during the First Week of Classes
|All Class Standing||Dates|
|Summer I 2015
||Monday, May 18 to Tuesday, May 19
|Summer II 2015
||Monday, June 29 to Tuesday June 30
||Monday, August 24 to Friday, August 28