A brand new way to complete your bachelor’s degree –General Studies Advantage.
Here’s the advantage:
- It’s fast. You can complete your degree in just 18 – 24 months.*
- It’s recognizable. Think about it –a real, nationally-accredited I.U. General Studies degree right in your own backyard.
- It fits into your life. If you have a job now and like it – keep it! You can work full time and complete your degree. Our hybrid program design means you spend one evening a week on campus, so you still have a life.
- It’s totally customizable for you. You’ll choose from a wide range of courses that suit your interests, talents, and goals. You can incorporate a minor and a professional certificate into your program which will give you more options and career credentials as you build your degree credit.
- It’s flexible. You’ll most likely be able to keep most of your credits from previous learning experiences from accredited institutions. You can even apply to get credit for life experience. That can be a jump start toward your bachelor’s degree.
- It’s affordable. That’s right, you can afford it. IPFW offers courses on average for 17.82% less than other area colleges.1
“The number of subject areas available to me through General Studies gave me a broad range of knowledge. The kinds of courses I could select—psychology, nutrition, communications and music, for example—will help me to go further in my teaching career and allow me to enrich my students and help them improve their lives.” AROSHA PERERA, B.G.S. 2013
“Born and raised in Cambridge, Mass., I came to IPFW with hopes of pursuing a professional volleyball career after graduation. General Studies allowed me to have the necessary flexibility that I needed when it came to my class schedule, which in turn would allow me to be able to make all practices and classes.” ELON FYFIELD, B.G.S. 2013
* Students must have completed at least 60 college credits.
1 Adult Student Market Analysis, Aslanian Market Research, Feb. 2013.