Craig A. Humphrey
Interim Department Chair and Professor
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
2101 E. Coliseum Boulevard
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1499
office Williams Theatre
hours Mon - Fri 8 am - 5 pm
The mission of the Department of Theatre is to:
• educate its students within a broad liberal arts framework in the art, craft and discipline of theatre, through programs offering both classroom study and experiential production activities.
• serve the University Community through its productions and general education offerings.
• provide culturally enriching activities to the greater Northeastern Indiana Region.
The IPFW Department of Theatre values:
• the pursuit of knowledge in an environment that encourages free and open inquiry, academic achievement, scholarship, and creativity.
• the cultivation of creativity.
• the highest academic, artistic, and ethical standards.
• artistic and scholarly collaboration.
• interdisciplinary inquiry and scholarship.
• the professional commitment, innovations, and accomplishments of faculty and staff.
• partnership with the community to enhance cultural, creative, and intellectual life in the region.
The IPFW Department of Theatre will be a regionally recognized theatre program, known for its regional impact and:
• the excellence, value, and accessibility of its training programs.
• its exceptional academic curricula and facilities that foster unique teaching, learning, and student environments.
• the scholarly and creative accomplishments of its faculty, students, and staff.
• its contributions to the quality of artistic and creative life of the region.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the creative process using the vocabulary of the appropriate discipline.
• Perform or create works of personal and collaborative expression and bring the works to fruition using applicable skills.
• Articulate a reflective and critical evaluation of one’s own and other’s efforts using written and/or oral communication.