Barbara Resch, D.M.E.
Department Chair and Professor
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
2101 E. Coliseum Boulevard
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1499
Office: Rhinehart Music Center
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Announcing the 8th Annual IPFW Honor Jazz Weekend. This year's event will be December 11-13. Jumpstart your Jazz season and prepare for the IMEA All-State Jazz auditions by participating in this fun-filled weekend. Students compete from around Northeast Indiana and Southern Michigan and Western Ohio. Here is an opportunity to meet, create, learn, and perform with students from other high school jazz programs. Get to work with the IPFW Jazz Faculty in either a big band and/or combo environment, masterclasses, and sectionals. The weekend will give you access to the Rhinehart Music Center, beautiful IPFW campus culminating with a concert in the Rhinehart Recital Hall
Schedule Overview [PDF]
Thursday 12/11/14 = 5:00 - 9:00 pm
Friday 12/12/14 = 8:45 am - 9:00 pm (with lunch on campus, supper at home)
Saturday 12/13/14 = 7:30 am - 12:00 pm (rehearsal), Call at 1:00 in Rhinehart Recital Hall for 2:00 Concert (FREE to all) Event concludes by 3:30 pm
1. Download and complete the Application [PDF].
2. Download the Audition Instructions [PDF].
3. Download the audition material file for your specific instrument, and both MP3 files.
4. Record yourself playing these audition materials.
5. Send the APPLICATION and RECORDING to Dr. Farrell Vernon at IPFW by NOVEMBER 24, 2014 by 5:00 P.M. You can submit your audition electronically or via snail mail. DEADLINE for ALL audition packages is NOVEMBER 24, 2014 by 5:00 P.M.
Honor Jazz Weekend
Dr. Farrell Vernon
IPFW Department of Music
2101 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46805-1499
EMAIL: (Please use this email as the files tend to be too large for my IPFW account)
Please download both audio files (Full & Rhythm). The full version contains the melody played by horns, and the rhythm version is the play-along version needed to record an audition. You will need to have two devices to record your audition. Play this file on one device, and use the second device to record your performance of the melody and solo improvisation. QUESTIONS: please email Dr. Vernon at: firstname.lastname@example.org