Community Partners are essential to the development and growth of our programs. The Department of Music is committed to collaborating with and supporting regional arts organizations.
- IPFW provides rehearsal, performance and office space for several regional arts groups who are “in-residence” at IPFW, including the Fort Wayne Children’s Choir, Greater Fort Wayne Area Community Band, Fort Wayne Youth Orchestra and Unity Performing Arts Foundation (UPAF).
- VPA supports Fort Wayne downtown development through concerts in downtown churches, at the Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and the Allen County Public Library (ACPL).
- VPA employs Fort Wayne Philharmonic (FWP) musicians as music faculty and partners with them on joint educational programming.
The Department of Music also collaborates with a variety of non-arts related Community Partners to provide educational opportunities for our students while enhancing economic development and providing artistic services to the community.
- Internships of music students at Sweetwater Sound.
- IPFW Community Arts Academy year-round programming for at-risk students through United Hispanic Americans, Boys & Girls Clubs, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and Twenty First Century Scholars.
- Workshops and presentations for teachers and students with K-12 regional schools.
To discuss becoming a Community Partner of the Department of Music, contact:
Dean John O'Connell, College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Office: Visual and Performing Arts, Room 102
- Phone: 260-481-6799
- E-mail: email@example.com