Deborah Hoile is the secretary for the Philosophy Department and also manages the department's webpages.
Deb performs a myriad of tasks in addition to assisting students, one of which is bailing the faculty out of various predicaments and emergencies. She always responds with grace and good humor to the following requests:
- "Help. I need 100 copies of this paper in 10 minutes!"
- "Deb, will you help me fill out this form? It is due in five minutes!"
- "Deb, we're hosting another conference, please add it to the webpage."
- "Deb, my computer screen says this program performed an illegal operation, but I didn't do anything illegal. Please help!"
- "Deb, I've lost my Magic cards but I need to judge a nerd-fest in 10 minutes! Can you counterfeit them for me?!"