Department of Mathematical Sciences: News & Events
Upcoming and Recent Events
- PI Math Club What's so special about Dec. 5, 2013? Mystery speaker Thursday at noon in KT 218.
- Spring 2014 Conference: The Indiana Section of the Mathematical Association of America will have its Spring 2014 meeting at IPFW, Fri./Sat. April 4-5, 2014. There will be invited and contributed talks, the annual Indiana College Mathematics Competition, and a celebration of the 50th anniversary of IPFW and the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
- Analysis Mini-Symposium November 8, 2013.
- Colloquium: Prof. S.-C. Ng, Temple University, Holomorphic isometry among bounded symmetric domains and its motivations, Nov. 12.
- Graphing Calculator Workshops for Fall 2013:
- Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer: Professor T. Goodson, University of Michigan, New Approaches to Energy Harvesting and Storage, October 18.
- Congratulations to G. Mourad and A. Mustafa on the 2013 Pippert Science Research Awards. Photo page
- Welcome Joe Francis, Actuary in Residence starting Fall 2013.
- Welcome Jeff Anderson, Professor of Mathematics and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Photos from 2013 Commencement
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, on being awarded a five-year Collaboration Grant for Mathematicians from the Simons Foundation! Professor Dragnev traveled to Bulgaria and Switzerland in 2013.
- Congratulations to student award and scholarship winners at the 2013 Honors Banquet. Photo page
- Celebrate Science Indiana - at IPFW, Sept. 7, 2013.
- PI Math Club Actuarial Q&A Session - with D. Tindall, actuary and IPFW alumnus. March 27, 2013. Photos and slides from the event
- ICTM Indiana State Math Contest: April 27, 2013.
- Pi Mu Epsilon installation ceremony, April 28, 2013. The Transit of Venus and why it was one of the most important events in science history, presented by Prof. Coroian. Photos from the 2013 Event
- Graduate Course News: Summer 2013 and Fall 2013
- Sigma Xi Annual Banquet: April 30, 2013. Congratulations to Professor Betsy Berry on the 2013 College Science Teacher of the Year award!
- MATHCOUNTS competition: February 16, 2013. Photos from the 2013 Event
- IPFW Regional Science Olympiad: February 2, 2013.
- Annual Alumni Event: Saturday, April 13, 2013. Photos from the 2013 Event
- IPFW Student Research & Creative Endeavor Symposium, April 12, 2013. Photos from the 2013 Event
- College of Arts and Sciences Anniversary Event: Nov. 27, 2012. Congratulations to Professor Beineke on the inaugural Beineke Award for Contributions to the Liberal Arts and Sciences! Photo page
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, one of this year's IPFW Featured Faculty. Photos from the Featured Faculty 2013 Events
- Science Cafe, sponsored by Sigma Xi: Prof. T. Soule, IPFW Biology, on Microbial Sunscreens: Opportunities and Obstacles. October 24, 2012.
- Congratulations to Professor David Legg, on retiring from the Department Chair position, effective July 1, 2012. Photos from Dinner.
- New graduate program: Master of Arts in Teaching
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2012-13
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2011-12
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2009-11
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 1998-2010