Department of Mathematical Sciences: News & Events
Upcoming and Recent Events
- Summer Summit for Excellence in Math & Science. Workshop in Kettler Hall, July 14, 2014.
- Professor David Legg passed away, his funeral was July 9. In Memoriam
- Graduate Course News: Summer and Fall 2014
- Colloquium: Peter Boyvalenkov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Polynomial Techniques for Investigation of Spherical Designs, May 22.
- Photos from 2014 Commencement
- PI Math Club Event: End-of-Semester Party. May 2, 2014.
- ICTM Indiana State Math Contest: April 26.
- Pi Mu Epsilon installation ceremony, April 27. What's your birthday?, presented by Prof. Lipman. New: Photos from the 2014 Event
- Sigma Xi Annual Banquet: April 28.
- Annual Mathematical Sciences Alumni Event: April 26, 2014. New: Photos from the 2014 Event
- PI Math Club Event: Student talks, April 16.
- PI Math Club Event: An Analysis of Pass-the-Pigs, Prof. Michael Sonksen, University of New Mexico, and IPFW alumnus. April 10.
- Actuarial Club event: Rick Richmond, Lincoln Financial Group, March 17.
- MathCounts: Feb. 15, 2014. Photos from the 2014 Event
- Congratulations to Lowell Beineke, on the Certificate for Meritorious Service from the Mathematical Association of America! More details and photos.
- PI Math Club Chili supper: Feb. 27, followed by IPFW Basketball vs. Western Illinois. Congratulations to math major A. Hyde on being named to the National Academic All-American first team.
- Spring 2014 Conference: The Indiana Section of the Mathematical Association of America had its Spring 2014 meeting at IPFW, Fri./Sat. April 4-5, 2014. There were invited and contributed talks, the annual Indiana College Mathematics Competition, and a celebration of the 50th anniversary of IPFW and the Department of Mathematical Sciences. Photos from the Event
- Professor Lipman discusses current events on the local TV news. December, 2013.
- IPFW Regional Science Olympiad: February 1, 2014.
- The IPFW Student Research Symposium was March 28, 2014. Photos from the 2014 Event
- Analysis Mini-Symposium November 8, 2013.
- Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer: Professor T. Goodson, University of Michigan, New Approaches to Energy Harvesting and Storage, October 18, 2013.
- Congratulations to G. Mourad and A. Mustafa on the 2013 Pippert Science Research Awards. Photo page
- Welcome Joe Francis, Actuary in Residence starting Fall 2013.
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, on being awarded a five-year Collaboration Grant for Mathematicians from the Simons Foundation! Professor Dragnev traveled to Bulgaria and Switzerland in 2013.
- Congratulations to student award and scholarship winners at the 2013 Honors Banquet. Photo page
- Celebrate Science Indiana - at IPFW, Sept. 7, 2013.
- PI Math Club Actuarial Q&A Session - with D. Tindall, actuary and IPFW alumnus. March 27, 2013. Photos and slides from the event
- College of Arts and Sciences Anniversary Event: Nov. 27, 2012. Congratulations to Professor Beineke on the inaugural Beineke Award for Contributions to the Liberal Arts and Sciences! Photo page
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, one of the 2013 IPFW Featured Faculty. Photos from the Featured Faculty 2013 Events
- Science Cafe, sponsored by Sigma Xi: Prof. T. Soule, IPFW Biology, on Microbial Sunscreens: Opportunities and Obstacles. October 24, 2012.
- New graduate program: Master of Arts in Teaching
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2013-14
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2012-13
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2011-12
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2009-11
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 1998-2010