Department of Mathematical Sciences: News & Events
Graph Theory Week at IPFW
- Colloquium/PI Math Club: Robin Wilson, Open University, England, Euler: 300 Years On. Wednesday, Oct. 1, noon to 1:00 in KT 216.
- Colloquium: Peter Hamburger, Western Kentucky University, and IPFW Emeritus, Social and Socioeconomic Sciences and Dimension of Posets. Thursday, Oct. 2, 1:30 to 2:30 in KT 243.
- PI Math Club: Robin Wilson, Open University, England, Mathematics: A Philatelic History. Friday, Oct. 3, 3:30-4:45, in KT 216. Followed by tea and cookies reception.
- MIGHTY Graph Theory conference - Fri./Sat. October 3/4, 2014.
- Photo Page for Graph Theory Week
Upcoming and Recent Events
- PI Math Club Event: A Celebration of the Mathematical Mind, for the Martin Gardner Centennial. Friday, Nov. 14, starting at noon in KT 200.
- PI Math Club Fall Picnic: Oct. 20.
- Actuarial Club: visiting company representatives:
- R. Richmond, Lincoln Financial Group, Thurs. Oct. 9 5:30 in KT G43
- A. Michalek, Swiss Re, Thurs. Oct. 16 3:00 in LA 226
- The Math Mall featured in a local newspaper article
- Congratulations to Dianne Clark on retirement. Reception 3:30 p.m. October 10, Kettler G21.
- Analysis Mini-Symposium - concurrent with Midwestern Workshop on Asymptotic Analysis, Fri./Sat. September 19/20, 2014. Photo Page
- Welcome to Yang Liu, Visiting Researcher for 2014-15 from Zhejiang Normal University, China.
- Congratulations to Professor Coffman, and Chemistry Professor Stevenson, on the 2014 Pippert Science Research Awards. Photo Page
- Summer Summit for Excellence in Math & Science. July 14, 2014.
- Professor David Legg - In Memoriam
- Graduate Course News: Summer and Fall 2014
- Photos from 2014 Commencement
- ICTM Indiana State Math Contest: April 26.
- Pi Mu Epsilon installation ceremony, April 27. What's your birthday?, presented by Prof. Lipman. Photos from the 2014 Event
- Sigma Xi Annual Banquet: April 28.
- Annual Mathematical Sciences Alumni Event: April 26, 2014. Photos from the 2014 Event
- Actuarial Club event: Rick Richmond, Lincoln Financial Group, March 17.
- MathCounts: Feb. 15, 2014. Photos from the 2014 Event
- Congratulations to Lowell Beineke, on the Certificate for Meritorious Service from the Mathematical Association of America! More details and photos.
- Spring 2014 Conference: The Indiana Section of the Mathematical Association of America had its Spring 2014 meeting at IPFW, Fri./Sat. April 4-5, 2014. There were invited and contributed talks, the annual Indiana College Mathematics Competition, and a celebration of the 50th anniversary of IPFW and the Department of Mathematical Sciences. Photos from the Event
- Professor Lipman discusses current events on the local TV news. December, 2013.
- IPFW Regional Science Olympiad: February 1, 2014.
- The IPFW Student Research Symposium was March 28, 2014. Photos from the 2014 Event
- Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer: Professor T. Goodson, University of Michigan, New Approaches to Energy Harvesting and Storage, October 18, 2013.
- Welcome Joe Francis, Actuary in Residence starting Fall 2013.
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, on being awarded a five-year Collaboration Grant for Mathematicians from the Simons Foundation! Professor Dragnev traveled to Bulgaria and Switzerland in 2013.
- Congratulations to student award and scholarship winners at the 2013 Honors Banquet. Photo page
- College of Arts and Sciences Anniversary Event: Nov. 27, 2012. Congratulations to Professor Beineke on the inaugural Beineke Award for Contributions to the Liberal Arts and Sciences! Photo page
- Congratulations to Professor Peter Dragnev, one of the 2013 IPFW Featured Faculty. Photos from the Featured Faculty 2013 Events
- Science Cafe, sponsored by Sigma Xi: Prof. T. Soule, IPFW Biology, on Microbial Sunscreens: Opportunities and Obstacles. October 24, 2012.
- New graduate program: Master of Arts in Teaching
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2013-14
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2012-13
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2011-12
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 2009-11
News, Events, and Outreach Archive, 1998-2010